Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stock Market [Fruit] Crumble

Don’t know about you, but recent events and the accompanying wild swings in the stock market have made me want to create a simple, sure-thing dish to enjoy while I ponder these complicated, uncertain times. Lucky for me, I’ve been receiving loads of fruit in my produce box that are just begging to be baked.

In addition to fresh fruit, the key ingredient to my concoction this week is agave nectar, a natural, low glycemic-index sweetener. So, while the stock market might spike and crash, with agave nectar, your blood sugar levels won’t have to!

Produce Mamma’s Stock Market [Fruit] Crumble

Ingredients:
Lots of peeled and sliced apples, peaches, nectarines, plums or whatever fruit you like (around 10-12 cups)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup of Agave Nectar (more if you think you’ll need it, less if your fruit is really tender and sweet)
¼ cup lemon juice

2 cups of your favorite granola (here's mine)

Preheat oven to 350°
Combine fruit, agave, lemon juice, and cinnamon and spoon into shallow baking dish or individual ramekins. Bake 45 minutes until fruit is bubbly. Spread granola on top and bake for another 5 minutes.

Feeling bold? Load the crumble on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Feeling a bit more uneasy? Scarf it down cold, straight from the fridge at 2:00 A.M. and follow with a Tylenol P.M.

Times are tough, so spoon it over yogurt and enjoy it for breakfast the next day!

Did you enjoy my post? Subscribe to Produce Mamma by Email or RSS.

2 comments:

Lindsey Pollak said...

Love the title, love the post, love the recommendations, LOVE fruit crumble. One of your best posts yet! Keep it up!

xo
Lindsey

Unknown said...

Hi Solana,
Another Pollak woman checking in. I'm a big fan of agave syrup, too. I've been taking macrobiotic cooking classes for a year now and am remembering the time when I used to love to cook--when my babies were small. Enjoy!
Jane